The Art & Science of Homeschooling
Homeschool News Resource
Parent education and support is key to providing students with an amazing home education. North Carolina Homeschool-ology is dedicated to enabling parents to find resources, both local and global, that will support and inform.
Please visit the website! You will find: county listings for testing and tutoring, information about sports, events and activities.
You will also find links to resources and support groups for secular home educators, minority home educators and for unschoolers in North Carolina.
Articles include information on how to homeschool in our state, as well as highlights of resources and activities of interest to home educators.
We share homeschool news & reviews for all groups, without a devotional element in order to allow the focus to remain on home educators’ common goal of an excellent education for our children.
Editor of the NC Homeschool-ology Blog – news and events website for North Carolina home educators.
- Update Website Links to Educational Resources
- Write relevant articles on how to teach at home
- Co-ordinate Facebook page for Homeschool-ology
- Post events for homeschoolers all around the state
- Support for Parents educating their families at home
- Design & Maintain Website – front end and back-end
- Create relevant graphics
- Educational consultant – I am regularly consulted about homeschooling by home educators, as well as the media, the NC Department of Non-public education, local legislators and representatives from area school districts and other county employees
- Webmaster – Google Analytics
- Co-ordinate Affiliates and Advertising
- Create “How to” Videos and Infographics
- Send out e-newsletter to more than 675 readers
Project Time Frame
2008 – Present
Current and New Related Projects
- Admin/Owner of Unschoolers Community Page and Forum (more than 1,000 member forum)
- Admin/Owner of Piedmont Homeschoolers Forum (more than 2,000 member forum)
- Homeschool-ology E-Magazine – Publish Target Date: January 2017